Saturday, December 6, 2008

My sister and her dog, Philly. It is a brisk day in Pennsylvania and I just returned from walking the dogs. Philly, my sister's dog, is staying with me while my sister spends the remaining visiting days, here from Virginia, with her husband who came up to get her. Surprisingly, the dogs continue to get along and walking them is harmonious. It has not been as joyful a week as we had hoped. Mom had a bronchial asthmatic attack that sent her to the hospital. She has been there since Wednesday and the doctors are not sending her home until her heart stabilizes. She hates hospitals! In March, when she was in she wanted out within two days. This time she is welcoming the visit. She even thanked me for taking control of the situation and insisting that 911 be called to take her in. This is not a good sign. I try to remain cheerful, hence last night's post and this morning's cartoon keeps me in that crazy place...for the time being. Late at night when I try to sleep is when the thoughts go awry. I can't read because I can't concentrate, I knit while in the hospital so I don't care to do that, I play mindlessly on the Internet, and cry. Crying is healing. Thanks to Joyce for this cartoon...little did she know at the time...

13 comments:

D said...

awwww hon... sending gentle hugs and good thoughts your way

Ken Riches said...

Hope today finds you in a better place.

*Tracy* said...

sorry to hear about your mom, i hope she gets better soon and out of the hospital! hang in there. hugs

Alice said...

Karen, I do hope your mom gets well really soon and you feel better as well :).......

Paula said...

Wishing your Mom well.

Beth said...

I hope your Mom will be able to come home soon, Karen.

Big hugs, Beth

Claudia said...

Sorry about your mom. Me and a few other people I work with have been having problems with their asthma too. I have been having difficulty breathing and needed to use my inhaler. One of my coworkers said it was the combination of humidity and the drop in temperatre. It usually doesn't bother me so. Hope she is feeling better soon

Missie said...

Hoping your mom gets better soon! Hope you have a good Sunday.

Lucy said...

Karen I understand so much of your mixed feelings. I just hope ev erything is ok but one thing you must remember, your mom has and still is living a long bountiful life. Guess what?? Tears are healing to an extent. Besides I just have no control with my tears. They come whenever. Lucy

Janie said...

Hi.. just dropping in to say hello and in my thoughts and prayers. Really been busy for the last month. :( Hope you have a blessed week. Janie

Lucy said...

I do hope your mom is btter Karen. It is tough when a very strong person winds up in the hospital. My dad was in the hospital when he was 93 with a gall bladder attack. They just kept him till it subsided cause they said he was tyop old to operate. He came home and lived to be 97. Sometimes these older folks are pretty resiliant. Lucy

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen..just catching up on blog reading..sure hope Mom is better now..and a prayer said for you to be settled in your feelings..tears are indeed healing..I cry alot too from time to time LOL...it is so very overcast here in KY today..yesterday it was raining...the morning started at 53 degrees...it is now down to 32..so I expect a bit of snow??? take care..God Bless...hugs..Ora in KY

Joyce said...

Sending good thoughts and prayers for you mom Karen. And great big hugs for you as well.
{{{{{Hugs}}}}} Joyce