Friday, January 23, 2009

It must be Spring!

Believe it or not, I saw 8 robins peking away at the dirt on the baseball field where I walk Sheba. It was 33 degrees, but it didn't keep the robins away! I think I might have seen a cardinal, too. Of course, I didn't have my camera...not in the habit of taking it with me. It must be spring...such hope and newness in the air! Mom is being discharged, after 6 weeks of illness. She goes home this Monday. I have seen to it that her aide will be available, the refridgerator full, the heat on in her apartment, and generally that the house is in order. Do I hear chirping? Friends, you have sent me wonderful words to live by. Thank you for taking time to express them here. When I get like this, depressed and lonely because life is throwing punches too often and too hard, I retreat to my spiritual side and get strength. Your words, my blogger friends, helped me get there. Thank you! I am feeling strong and purposeful, grounded and focused. My substitute teaching credentials are in order and I begin work, if I want to, next week. I plan to do it just a day or two a week, maybe a few days in a month...just enough to bring in some spending money to pay for my outings with the girls. Well, the sun is shining and Sheba is whining. The day is new and I feel true. Stay in the present, you can't go wrong Life, my friend, is a dance and a song. oooh...did I just write that? yes, I did! Until then, that's how I see it, Karen

11 comments:

*Tracy* said...

you sound so happy! im happy for you!(((((((((hugs)))))))) glad to hear your moms going home. hope you have a good weekend.

Beth said...

This is great to hear, Karen. I'm so glad things are looking up!

Hugs, Beth

Ken Riches said...

Glad the creditentials are all in order :o)

Janie said...

That is funny because that is about how many my husband and I saw a couple of days ago in the field. I am so ready for spring! So glad that your spirits are better. It is hard to keep positive when things are rough. We all have times like this. We would be honest if we said we didn't. Keeping all of you in my prayers. Hugs, Janie

Janie said...

OOOPPPSSST!! meant to say... we would not be honest!! if we said we didn't. Time for bed for me! lol Blessings, Janie

Jimmy's Journal said...

A beautiful family indeed! Thanks for stopping by my journal. Feel free to visit & I'll leave a light on for ya.

Jimmy

Alice said...

Hi Karen. So good to hear all is going so well for you and your family. I know your mom will be so happy to be in her own space again. I've been seeing blue birds a lot this winter since we have spring at least twice a week here in Texas :)

Lucy said...

So glad that your mom is coming home and hope that you can keep that wonderful attitude. It was 2 degrees when I got up at 6 this morning and it is 9 now. snow packed streets and 3 daYS MORE FORECAST SNOW.

Joyce said...

I love that you sound so perky. You go girl. Good job on making sure that Mom has everything she needs when she gets home. You are a good daughter.
Hugs, Joyce

Sage Ravenwood said...

Wonderful post hon! Delighted to hear you mom will be home soon. I've always said when things get down, Life threw a punch and I forgot to duck...

It does sound as things are going better for you dear one. (Hugs)Indigo

Helen said...

Glad that you Mom got to come home. I hope you enjoy teaching. Hugs, Helen