Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Naughty Boy, Dash

Today is the last day of Dash's visit with us.  He seems to know this.  He's been acting weird.  Here's an example:


Yes, that's Dash!  He got into my knitting bag and found an almost completed square, still on the knitting needle and ripped it apart!  Then he went after the ball of yarn.  This, after having tried to get him to play with a ball, fetch a ball, and play tug with some rags laced with almond butter.  Perhaps he doesn't like almond butter.  He sure does enjoy a ball of yarn, however!




Dash knew he was naughty because he scampered right into his crate when I came into the room and saw what he did.  Interestingly enough, I did not scold or yell (but I did say, "Oh my goodness, what have you done?").  I think he's smarter than he let's on.  He knew he was guilty!

It has been said, "the closer the bond the more difficult the separation",   Perhaps Dash knows he's going home tomorrow and is "acting out" in order to make the separation easier; although it's never easy to say good-bye to a loved one.

No comments: