Saturday, March 26, 2011

Well, it was worth a try

I have been playing, or working, with the online surveys that are advertised everywhere.  I call it work because I spent hours filling out forms.  I have no idea what company or what product is being surveyed.  I just go through the forms and wait to see if I am qualified to continue with the questions or screened out.  I've been screened out of 10 surveys and have not qualified for any survey.  I am totally frustrated. 

I do not feel productive this way, so I canceled out of the program.  Word of warning to those who wish to pursue this as a money making venture -- you have to spend many hours answering questions that will result in points.  You have to accumulate many points before you are deemed worthy of payment.  Some sites request your social security number in order to fill out a 1099-MISC.  Don't do it!!

Well, it was worth a try.  Now I am an educated consumer regarding online surveys.  Some people say they earn up to $700 a year for their efforts.  What they don't say is that they have to pay income tax for earning that much. 

When it is all done...who makes the money?

2 comments:

ADB said...

A lot of them are scams, Karen. Don't waste any more time on them.

How I See It said...

Thanks for confirming what I got from those sites, Guido.